Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Break Road Trip


My family loves to travel. And we always travel by car. One time my son said, “I love it when I wake up in the middle of the night when we stop to get gas and I don’t even know what state we’re in!” Too funny! While we try to travel mostly at night (everyone sleeping = no fights...ha!) we do end up spending a fair amount of time traveling during the day.


Over the years, I have used so many different ideas to keep the kids busy. But here is one of my favorites for the little ones. Bring along a cookie sheet for each child. It needs to be the kind with a ledge around the edge and it works well for so many reasons. This little tray on their lap allows them to color while keeping the crayons and markers on the tray so they are not falling all over the car. In addition, bring along every magnet you have! Your kids will spend hours (OK, maybe not hours, but a good chunk of time) playing with the magnets, moving them around and role-playing. All of that with no mess or hassle! Happy trails to you...

Yes, Life is but a Theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment