Friday, May 10, 2013

Mothers Day - The Perfect Gift


Mother’s Day! What a treat for us mother’s. It’s fun to be spoiled and to be recognized for all we do. How will you celebrate?

By now I'm guessing you’ve figured out that I like things that are free to mostly cheap. Mother’s Day is no exception! In fact, I stressed to my family - Please don’t spend a lot of money on flowers, gifts or a card. Instead, I would really prefer a gift of time. Truly!

So, my husband asked for “my list”. You know, the list of things that you’d like to get done but you have a hard time finding the time. He said, “Ok, let’s pick two and get them done on Mother’s Day!” Boy was I thrilled!

I'm so excited for the whole family to help clean out our cars - vacuuming and washing windows and wiping down the insides. (Gosh, I will feel like a queen the next time I drive it.) Next we will spend a little time doing some yard work. Joy!

This Mother’s Day will be one of the best for me. Not only will I get to check off a few things on that never ending list, but I hope to find a little time to catch a nap followed by a wonderful dinner prepared by my husband. For your next celebration, I urge you to consider being frugal and give a thoughtful and appreciated gift - the gift of time.

Yes, Life is but a Theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment