Tuesday, May 28, 2013

National Luau Month - Beach Party!

May is National Luau Month! How did I know that? Well, Oriental Trading Company, of course! I love this site for theme-related party supplies! And their prices are very reasonable.



Over the years, I have purchased lots of fun things from them like the pineapple drink cups below. I remember we used them for the beach-themed birthday party my daughter had one year. Her birthday is in February, so that was really interesting! These plastic cups are too cute!




I also pick up what I can from garage sales. I couldn't pass up a box of little drink umbrellas - I think I have enough to last me for years! 


One time I was lucky enough to find almost a whole box of leis at a garage sale!  These have come in handy for many impromptu "Hurry, Mom, we need a costume tonight," moments. I send along the whole box for my kids and their friends. Leis are always a hit!


Whether you are celebrating a beach party or National Luau Month (because it's May), these types of supplies are good to have on hand. Even on a regular 'ol day, they can make the moment special and fun! 

Yes, Life is but a Theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment